Monday 10 November 2014

My Mac collection!

Hello guys!

I thought I would write a post and give you a little Monday pick me up;) Recently I have gone a little Mac crazy and for those in the know Mac is the holy grail of make up and my collection has grown from 1 lipstick to 3, a foundation and a blusher (and hopefully more for christmas!) So I thought I would show you my collection and give you a little review aswell:)

Enjoy!



So this is my Mac collection. I know compared to other people it might not look like a lot, but as it is an expensive brand obviously I can't afford to have every single Mac product! The blush is in Mocha, and the foundation is in NC15. The 3 lipsticks I have are Creme cup, Pink pearl pop and Hot Gossip.

I went into the Mac shop in Covent Garden and I asked the lady there to help me find a perfect foundation match for my skin. She was really helpful and told me the Mac Pro Longwear foundation was amazing so I got it in the shade NC15. This shade is perfect for my skin and blends into my skin so easily.  It was £24 which is very pricey so I'm going to use as little as I can as I don't want to waste any. I was looking for a long lasting foundation that could stay out all day. I find that this is a very matte foundation and so gives a very flawless finish to the skin which is very helpful to cover blemishes and breakouts. The texture is smooth and quite light so it doesn't feel cakey on your skin. I love, love, love this foundation and would totally recommend it. 

I got a Mac blusher in Mocha. It's creates a beautiful flush to the cheeks and looks so natural. This is my everyday, go- to blush. It's perfect! Mac describe it as a soft plum pink, it's a perfect blush for autumn as it's not too bright and out there. I adore the packaging that Mac use for their blushes, I think it's so sleek and sophisticated, and very travel friendly and it's not easily broken. This blush is very easily blendable and is buildable. It's a matte shade which means it has no shimmer in it. This blusher has amazing staying power and lasts such a long time!
These are my favourite Mac products, I have to say Mac do the best lipsticks ever!! I have them in Creme Cup, Hot gossip and Pink Pearl Pop.


                     Pink pearl pop- £15
  On the website this lipstick is described as a frosted mid- tonal pink. It's a lovely girly pink and is the perfect summer lipstick. I have been wearing it with Creme cup over the top which tones down the pink and makes it a more suitable autumn shade. It has a gorgeous shiny balm like finish, it is also a Cremesheen lipstick. This means it's really moisturising and comfortable on the lips. The lipstick is also amazing at helping to brighten the skin tone. 
 
 
  Hot Gossip- £15
Hot gossip has a Cremesheen finish, it's a pinky plum colour with a soft glossy sheen. The texture is very smooth and isn't overly creamy! The lipstick has a medium pigmentation but you might not get a full opaque coverage. This lipstick goes with everyday make up look and is very natural looking. I love this lipstick and wear it everyday!

(I'm so sorry I don't have an individual photo of Creme cup ) 

Creme cup- £15
 This again is a Cremesheen lipstick (if you can't already tell, it's my favourite finish.) It's a very natural, light pink colour  with a blue undertone. It's has medium pigmentation and doesn't build too well. The lipstick goes best with peach blushes and dark eyes, I tend to wear it with a dark brown/ dusky eye in autumn. It does however unfortunately tend to settle into the fine lines in the lips so using a lip pencil underneath would work to make you're lips look more flawless. 
 
I'm sorry about the bad pictures and no swatches but until I get my camera this is the best I could do. 

I hope that this post has helped anyone who's looking to start or add to their Mac collection. 

Love Molly xo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment